booguss;369121 Wrote:
> No problems :-)
>
> I have another idea, which might be not so easy as the digital clock.
> As far as I understand, the clock is a flash movie. The code is
> inserted at the bottom of the html page. A variant that would be cool
> is a flash movie showing the biography as the song is playing. Think of
> a vertical scrolling text of four or maybe five rows that flows (in a
> loop) from the bottom and up as log as the song is playing.
>
> The first tricky part is that one has to create those flash movies
> themselves, and further, since most listeners (watchers!) has more than
> one band in their music library, multiple movies has to be created and
> kept in a local directory. Well, this is perhaps not so difficult once
> the first movie is created. Just some copy and paste from Wikipedia or
> similar.
>
> The more tricky part (I think) is that the code - in some .js file or
> in the html file itself, I don't know - has to be modified in a way so
> that the appropriate flash movie is called and scrolls based on which
> artist is playing. So, for example, when Artist: is ELO, the ELO flash
> movie is called. The result could look as below...
>
> Do you think this is mission impossible? I'm not good at programming so
> I think it's a too tough nut for me to crack, but if it was possible
> that someone could do this it would be really really nice, don't you
> think?
>
> If this can be done, the possibilities to have more fun increases a
> lot. Another example could be movies showing a picture slide show of
> the artist etc etc etc.
>
> The attached picture is just a Paint montage, though I wish it wasn't
> :-/
>

> Cheers!
>
> /Booguss

I agree this would be cool. Since the .js files make calls to
SqueezeCenter to update the album art/song info, I tend to think
SqueezeCenter itself would need to be updated to support biographies or
even lyrics like it supports the album art.  I could be wrong though.
I'm no programmer either. Just basing this on my limited knowledge of
the .js files and how they call SqueezeCenter. It would be cool though.

--
starfleetcommand