Last night, I dreamt I worked for Slim, and had been assigned to respond
to three posts on the forums. The posts went something like those listed
below. When I woke up, I realized that working for Slim must require a
great deal of patience and restraint. So I say thanks to all the
patient and thoughtful folk at Slim for their efforts, and their
forbearance, and I hope they never actually see posts like these:

1)
I AM SO TICKED OFF!!!! I CAN'T MAKE THIS THING WORK!!!! SUPPORT IS NOT
LISTENING TO ME AND WON'T FIX MY PROBLEM!!!! I CALLED THEM AND YELLED
AT THEM AND THEY TOLD ME TO TRY SOMETHING BUT I KNOW THAT'S NOT THE
PROBLEM SO I'M CERTAINLY NOT GOING TO DO WHAT THEY'RE TELLING ME!!!!!!
YOU CALL THIS TECHNICAL SUPPORT!?!?! I AM SO TICKED OFF, AND TO PROVE
IT, I GOT IN A FRESH  SHIPMENT OF EXCLAMATION MARKS AND I'M GOING TO
KEEP USING THEM UNTIL MY PROBLEM IS SOLVED!!!!!!!!! I ALSO REFUSE TO
TURN OFF MY CAPS LOCK!! BUT THIS STUPID THING STILL DOESN'T WORK, SO
I'M VERY TICKED OFF, SO THERE!!!!! AND DON'T EVEN TELL ME IT'S MY
NETWORK BECAUSE MY NETWORK IS PERFECT AND I KNOW IT'S NOT MY
NETWORK!!!!!! I PAID FOR THIS THING AND I CAN'T MAKE IT WORK AND IT'S
NOT MY FAULT SO I'M VERY TICKED OFF!!!!

2)
My SBR works okay but I don't like the menu layout on the SBC and I
don't see why it can't be completely redesigned so that it looks the
way I want it to. I want my favorite radio station from the Republic of
Chad to be right at the top, and I want my albums sorted according to
the age of the performer (at the time of the recording), then by the
lead singer's vocal range (alto, soprano, contralto, tenor, bass,
etc.), and I want the album cover art to be chroma negative (it looks
cooler that way) and I want the controller to come in different colors
so I can have fuschia in the solarium and caramel in the den. I want to
run it from my cell phone and my TV remote and I also think it would be
cool if it came on and started playing my top 10 favorites when I hit
my garage door remote from my car so it's already playing when I walk
in the house. I want the battery to last at least a month and I don't
see why they can't make it do that because I mean my watch battery has
lasted two years already. Come to think of it, I'd like to be able to
control it from my wristwatch. And another cool feature would be if it
would automatically turn the volume down when my doorbell rings. But
this would have to be configurable.

3)
I think Logitech should get on the greenwagon and start designing
electronic gear that doesn't need so much electricity because after all
we have to save the planet. I'm sitting here typing on a computer with a
24-inch monitor in my climate-controlled house with central air, central
heat, hot running water, a refrigerator, a commercial freezer, two
microwave ovens, five TVs (including a 90-inch plasma), three
DVD/BLU-Ray players, four computers, 8TB of disk storage, a big home
theater system, and six different video game boxes, but I notice that
my SBC cradle uses a whopping .001 milliwatts of power when the
controller isn't even in it! I don't really know just what a watt is,
but still, that seems like an awful lot. Why does it waste so much
power? Doesn't anybody care about saving the planet? I think it could
be made greener. I never studied physics or electronics, don't have an
engineering degree, have absolutely no knowledge of nor experience in
the field of electronics engineering, but I'm ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that
the recharging cradle could be designed better if the Logitech people
would just think green. Let's focus on the tiny, minuscule,
infinitesimal, little things, people, so we can save the planet! Get on
the green stick, Logitech! Now I'm going to go turn the oven on to
preheat so I can make some pizza rolls.

--
Dogberry2