Hyde - what OS are you running? I ask because I saw something similar
when I moved from one of the 6.x versions of SC to an early 7.x on
Windows.

3.7 of Softsqueeze is available 'here'
(http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=105169&package_id=113211&release_id=629909)
but downloading 3.7 via SC only worked for me after I had uninstalled
3.6 (and I seem to recall that the uninstaller didn't work as
expected). 3.7 is RC as far as I know and works fine for me.

Also, although Squeezeplay is still being worked on, the version with
v7.3.2 is extremely stable and definitely worth looking at if you are
looking for a Softsqueeze replacement.

--
Siduhe

Who am I on 'LAST.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/siduhe)?
"-Siduhe Loved Tracks radio got the thumbs up. Feedback included: yeah,
it's good... got the odd dodgy track tho...-" (c) 'ModelCitizen'
(http://www.last.fm/user/Modelcitizen)