results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=57643
Question: What should be done with the Spectrum Analyser display?

- Keep it as is!
- Toss it!
- Fix it!

Thanks for the support and comments.
I didn't want to embarrass anyone, but since you brought up the  fact-
there are animated 'visualizations' by the thousand available (in full
color and high resolution) for players such as WMP and Winamp.  So my
point is that if the developers at a class act like Slim Devices want
to enhance(?) their product with a low-resolution, monochrome clone of
the classic Mike Lynch Winamp plugin from 1998
(http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details/165966), they should at least do
a good job, and make it look and perform as much like the original as
they can.
BTW, I think they did OK with the VU Meter display
(http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details/41743), considering the
limitations of the display.

--
robdesalle