I agree above this being a positive development for the market, though
it doesn't appeal much to me as an existing SB user. Assuming they
deliver as promised it does look like a better Sonos than Sonos
(feature by feature-- especially the iPod dock).

More interesting (for me), Cisco's approach suggests that the rest of
the market sees value in a player design subject to fewer constraints
than the existing SB2+ derived products-- maybe something with more
CPU, more RAM, more flash, a USB port, and Controller-like open (well,
mostly) environment?

Exciting changes from a consumer standpoint!

--
syburgh