bpa;382500 Wrote:
> If an Ipod is plugged into USB port

I am envisioning a stand-alone product.  There are many situations
where I don't want my computer on while listening to music (save energy
to save the planet).  I assume that the proposed iPod server would
consume far less energy as a "slim" client.

In addition, having the embedded SqueezeCenter include the WaveInput
plugin should enable playing radio streams from the iPhone/iPod Touch
as well.  I see that at the moment there are some internet radio
services available to these Apple devices which are not currently
available on the Squeezebox:  Wolfgang's Concert Vault, Finetune,
Ourstage, and Deezer (only available in Europe on the Squeezebox).   It
would be great to have these services connected to any Squeezebox on the
local network as well.

Finally, maybe add a usb port to the proposed iPod server in case you
want to add a usb hard drive instead of an iPod.

--
mortslim