I think this may point you in the right direction.  I was able to
install a utility on my Mac running OS 10.5 where it can read and write
PC formatted volumes (including NTFS I think).  I am now able to take a
PC formatted external USB disk that already had my music library on it
and read and write to it on both my Mac and PC.

Google NTFS, sshfs and Mac OS and you should find the same stuff I did.
Many people here are more expert than me in such matters, but I believe
this software uses some of the UNIX core of Mac OS - so the install
isn't as straightforward as I'm used to with the Mac.  But with a
little reading and experimentation I was able to figure it out, and it
works flawlessly.

--
esbrewer

Server:  2.4GHz Core 2 Duo iMac running MacOS 10.5.6 and SC 7.3
Plugins:  Inguz DRC, Sirius Radio, Album Review, SqueezeScrobbler
Sources: SB3 (2), SB Boom, NAD C542, NAD T515
Amplification: NAD C720BEE
Loudspeakers:  Paradigm Studio 20 (v.1)
Headphones:  Grado SR60, Etymotic ER4P

http://www.last.fm/user/esbrewer