First point: there is at least one bug here. I have identified one bug
and this will, as best as I can tell, only be triggered when some error
in the file being played caused the player to quit playing that track
prematurely and in a way that confuses SqueezeCentre. I have not been
able to work out how this bug might get triggered when there is no
error in the track, therefore there is probably a second bug for which
we have not yet uncovered the cause.

Second point: it is possible for FLAC decoders to just keep going when
they come across a bad frame. They drop the bad frame and then look for
the start of the next frame (which it is possible to identify with a
high degree of certainty). I'm pretty sure that this is what the
decoder in SqueezePlay does, but not the one hardware players
(Squeezebox, Boom, Transporter).

Third point: (the bug mentioned above) is a consequence of the fact
that the player firmware FLAC decoder uses the wrong protocol mechanism
to inform SC of the error, and there are good reasons why this is
difficult to fix.

So, we are still hunting for the cause of the second bug. The log that
Jackswan provided only gave us evidence of the first. Additional logs
could be helpful.

--
awy