-"Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::checkBin (260) couldn't find binary
for: lame"- is only a problem if you actually need lame for something.
I cannot see why you would need it in your setup, as I understand it,
so this message is really just a warning that there are transcoding
options configured for which the binary is not available.

-"Slim::Player::Protocols::File::sysread (214) Trying to read past the
end of file"- should happen once at the end of each track. You should
already have been getting this before you installed lame.

But it looks like you are getting several in quick succession. Perhaps
several tracks are failing one after another. This can sometimes cause
random play to stop because all the not-yet-played tracks in the
playlist get used up before the random-play plugin adds some more.

--
awy