results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=41597
Question: Does Album Catalogue Creator (RC5+) create a trustworthy
output?

- Yes
- Yes but with minor issues
- No
- It does not work at all

MrPoison;327514 Wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm running my slimserver on a Qnap TS-209II NAS server and the ACC on
> a Windows Vista Home edition. Since I like the ACC appplication but
> I've been struggling to get this to work, I thought I would share my
> "thought":
>
> Point 4 above: Since you add the IP-address of the NAS to the trusted
> zone in point 2, I believe you must enable 'Access data sources across
> domains' for your trusted zone. This is done under:
> Menu Tools -> Options -> Security TAB -> Trusted zone -> Custom...
> or, do as I, enable it for all 3 zones!
>
> Point 5: On the Qnap, you also need to edit this line in the my.tt
> file:
> bind-address = [% bindAddress %]
>
> Change this line to:
> #bind-address = [% bindAddress %]
>
> Point 6: This will get you started BUT you will run out of tmp space on
> the Qnap. So, create another tmp directory on a disk with a lot of free
> space, for example /volume1/tmp and then add the following line to your
> my.tt file under the [mysqld] section:
> tmpdir         = /volume1/tmp/
>
> Point 7: Stop and restart slimserver and MySQL on the Qnap.
>
> Now you're ready to go! But it will take a while to get all the
> information! I have about 24000 tracks and it took a couple of hours to
> run the application. But, as Carlsberg would say, it's worth waiting for
> :)
>
> Just a little note:
> I'm swedish and I do have a couple of directories with swedish
> characters for my albums. ACC will not be able to get the album art for
> these albums if you use file based album arts (I haven't tried ID3-tag
> album arts yet but will do)
>
> Hope this helps some of you to get the application running because it's
> a real nice application!

Thank you for this. I also have the same system setup. But I'm having
difficulties in accesing the files mentioned above. Could someone
please write a step by step quide, how do I do everything? Especially
the part, where I need to find my.tt file. How do I find it, what tools
do I need etc.? When I go to QNAP with filemanager all I see are the
folders Public, Qusb, Qweb and so on...

So if someone could help me and maybe some others too, who have their
thumbs in the middle of their palms when it comse to Linux -systems :)

--
Kossu

QNAP 209 II - Squeezebox Duet - Beresford TC 7510 - Consonance 100A
Linear - Totem Arro + Goldring GR 1.2 - TubeBox MK II