Neil Sleightholm;389289 Wrote:
> Also when I go to the track info for a playing track on the squeezebox
> it says the file format is FLAC, I don't have LAME installed and there
> isn't any other process running on the server, so I am fairly sure it
> is really playing FLAC.
Ben is right. The track info shows the file format, not the transmition
or streaming format. By default, when transcoding is used the highest
possible quality transcode is used, so if it can SqueezeCenter will
keep the stream lossless. The only time LAME is used is if you are
streaming to a SliMP3 which only understands MP3, you are using
http://serverip:9009/stream.mp3, or you have bitrate limiting turned
on.

--
funkstar