FatElvis2000 wrote:
> Hello.  I just bought a Squeezebox 1 off ebay for my living room.
> Where'd the tone controls come from?   They seem to work through the
> headphone jack.
>
> [image: http://i42.tinypic.com/2d852so.jpg]

So you ripped your CD, but do not like how the sound engineer mastered
the music?  Well, ok...

But, I do not believe there are any such controls on that SB.  Maybe not
on any SB.  Keep in mind any type of filter has side effects.  The
better filters have less.  Most of the people here are very keen on
getting the best sound. (For instance, that digital to analog converter
chip inside that box is supposed to be one of the best.)  Therefore most
relegate these types of features to rather expensive stereos.

That said, your question is discussed here:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=49248

...evidently people are doing this using plugins on the server.  That
is, they are changing the data even before it is sent to the SB.  It
goes without saying that the server will need to be fast enough to do
this.  I should think most standard computers are.  However some run
servers on very minimal hardware like a SLUG or NAS box.