mherger;394499 Wrote:
> > Definitely changing ports is required in the console, as MeSue
> > says.
>
> I've added some code last week which would try harder to work around
> busy
> port issues. If port 9000 is used by another application, it will try a
>
> few others before giving up. Would you still think the port should be
>
> configurable through the console? What's causing the port conflict on
> your
> system?
>
> Michael

PV Connect is the default media service on the HP Mediasmart Server.
It's probably PV Connect that's causing the port conflicts.

I'd like to see Squeezecenter run as a service and restart itself each
time the server is restarted. Recognize port conflits and give the
ability to manually configure the ports via the console unless it can
automatically recognize a conflict and re-configure the ports itself
upon installation. A browser link is essential. Set up playlists from
the console.

--
cavediver