parfour;397246 Wrote:
> Hi - i am sold on this network music thang and having recently moved
> house have the ability to bury cables etc. so i was thinking of ceiling
> speakers in dining room connected to sb receiver/classic....does anyone
> have any recommendations of the sorts of speakers i should be
> considering.....
The key question is what is your budget? There's quite a price range
even for in-ceiling speakers. I have 2 pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in my
kitchen/dining area, and they are okay for the low end of the price
range (about US$100/pair from Amazon). After I bought them someone
advised me that I'd be better off with 8" drivers, and he was probably
right because my Polks are pretty weak on the bass frequencies. But
with all the wood and glass cabinets, hard floors/counters/table, and
cooking noises it's hardly an audiophile environment to begin with....

--
aubuti

Nothing high-end, but music anywhere I want it. MSI Wind desktop (Ubuntu
8.10) feeding: Basement: SB2 > JVC JA-S44 > ESS Tempest LS8;
Kitchen/Dining: Duet > AudioSource Amp100 > 2 pairs Polk RC60i; Living
room: SB3 > Technics SA-EX140 > Bose Acoustimass 3; Bedroom: Boom +
SBC; Study: Duet > Klipsch ProMedia 2.0; Kid's bedroom: SB2 > Klipsch
ProMedia 2.0
http://www.last.fm/user/aubuti/