parfour;397246 Wrote:
> Hi - i am sold on this network music thang and having recently moved
> house have the ability to bury cables etc. so i was thinking of ceiling
> speakers in dining room connected to sb receiver/classic....does anyone
> have any recommendations of the sorts of speakers i should be
> considering.....

Hello and Welcome to the Forum. It would really help to know your price
range or budget? It also helps to know what they will be used for as
well as what your expectations are? How many watts from the Receiver?

They could be something as simple as a pair of AUDIOSOURCE ATC6DM,
Proficient C605 In-Ceiling, or Proficient W660 In-Wall speakers and
then there is going all the way up into speakers like the Thiel
HigherPlane 1.2s.

If it's low available power and only for background listening then I
say go simple and cheap. Because background music is just that,
something in the background. Where as listening to enjoy music and
critical listening tends to require more expensive gear.

After seeing my Vandersteen VSM-1s on the wall in my Media Room and the
white VSM-1s on the walls in my living room, my neighbor bought a pair
off of Audiogon in white and mounted them on the wall in the living
room facing into the dining room for good sound in both rooms. Most
people don't notice them on the wall unless they are right on top of
them.

As I said, there are tons of options and tons of speakers to chose
from. So it really gets down to budget and what you expect from them.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
'Last.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/mephone)
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's,
Vandersteen Quatro, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: SB3, GFR-700HD, Thiel 2.3, Second Boom
Home Office: SB3, NAD C370, two VSM-1
Home Gym: SB3, Parasound Vamp v.3, Thiel PowerPoint 1.2
Mobile: SB3, Audioengine A5