TiredLegs;397542 Wrote:
> I think the first thing to isolate is whether the problem is internal in
> your WiFi network or external in the internet connection (AOL and DSL?).
> To eliminate WiFi as a variable, if you have a long Ethernet cable on
> hand, you could temporarily hard wire the Squeezebox to the router, to
> see if that makes any difference. One potential source of localized
> intermittent WiFi interference could be a cordless phone in use in the
> house.

Hi and thanks for the reply.
I have now hard wired it, and will test it tonight.
Yes, we do have a cordless phone, but this does not affect the wifi
access on either laptops or on my Roberts WM-202 internet radio. Indeed
the Roberts hardly even misses a beat.

I have ordered a longer ariel for the netgear router, as the signal
possibly drops as it enters the bedroom. Have to see if that makes a
difference. I will probably update the router  firmware soon as well.
I have had the router for about a year and never updated the firmware.
The firmware for the SB classic is the latest 123.

--
3nuttyspringers