I've been using Squeezecenter on my MSS since I got it and it works
great.  You can either install it by remotely logging in (something new
for me), or by adding "program manager" which allows you to access the
MSS's desktop just like a regular PC.  MSS will warn you that it's not
recommended, but I haven't seen any problems.

You will need need to right click on the install program to "unblock
it", i.e. let Windows Home Server trust it for installation.  Also,
make sure you choose to run Squeezecenter as a "service."  I'm not sure
if you have that option at installation, but you can definitely run
"SqueezeCenter Startup Options" from the Squeezecenter program list
afterward.

I have the Duet controller and it works beautifully with it.

--
BlueWombat