Well, I was wrong... is not the SB3 timing out as I mentioned in the
server was hidden on the top shelf of a closet. I brought it down to
test.

When one selects "Connect to SqueezeCenter" while connected to the SN
no Magic Packet is sent to the server and the SB3 can not connect.
After the SB3 times out trying to connect a message appears on the
screen saying "Can't Connect to SqueezeCenter - Left to Go Back, Right
to Try Again". Clicking right to try again sends the Magic Pocket and
wakes up the server and everything is fine. If no clicking is done the
SB3 times out after 30 seconds and the screen goes blank. I think the
SB3 is polling the server to try to reconnect, but since it does not
send a Magic Packet the server does not wake up.

Maybe the SB3 should have "options" to send the Magic Packet when one
selects Connect to SqueezeCenter and when it polls the server to try to
reconnect while the SB3 is in standby mode.

--
tamanaco