I load VortexBox into Vmware all the time for testing and it works very
well. What Guest Operating system did you select for the VM? You need
to use "Other Linux 2.6.x kernel" for it to work. You will need to use
the <30GB option. That way VortexBox will install on just one
partition. The default install creates a separate partition for the
music files and this does not work well in small disk sizes.

If anybody is interested I could create a pre-built VM for download.

--
agillis

rip, tag, get cover artÂ… All you do is insert the CD!

http://vortexbox.org