I finally took the plunge, and picked up an Ipod Touch to use as a
controller with iPeng to run a new Squeezebox receiver.  The short
version is.....I love it!

The longer version - Some comments/questions:
1) Performance is generally very good, especially considering I have a
library of almost 8000 mostly FLAC albums.  The one area that was slow
is the screen I intended to be my standard view - The Artists->All
Albums list.  I prefer this list order for browsing....just like you
would see them in a record store.  When I first selected this item, all
you see is a blank screen.  (I assume is is getting/sorting the list).
It takes a VERY long time for anything to display.  When it does, it is
very responsive.  I have seen vague comments that this timing will
improve... is this true?  If I left the list and returned, it still
took a long time to load.

2) Blank screens - on the above mentioned view and on search, when
something is actually happening but all you see is a blank screen, it
is hard to tell if the device is actually doing anything.  Some sort of
progress indicator would help immensely.

3) Custom Browse - I have seen some comments about CustomBrowse with
iPeng - but I assume they were talking about the plug-in, right?  And
these are planned to be supported in 1.1?  Do I have that right?

4) Pre-fetch - I appreciate that you have set it up so that it does not
lag while loading artwork.....but is there anyway to add an option to
pre-fetch all artwork?  I would like to have all the art in place when
flipping thru the LONG list of albums, and would be willing to set
aside the iPod and wait while it grabbed all of this data, rather than
populating it as it was browsed.

5) Search navigation - The one place I got confused in the UI was while
using the search screen.  When the keyboard is up, I wasn't sure how to
"escape".  I didn't intuitvly realize that I needed to make the
keyboard disappear to open up my navigation options.  Maybe it's just
me, but it was a little confusing.

6) Pauses in tracks - When I performed a search, it caused to audio
playback to stop.  It also took a very long time to return a result.
With no progress indicator, no results shown for a long time, and an
audio dropout, I had assumed the app had crashed.  Ids the search time
due to the size of the library?  Or is something else happening here?

Thanks again for all your hard work - these comments are not meant as
criticism.....just trying to help move iPeng from very good to
excellent.

--
Random Lurker