Thanks Luke & Pippin for your replies.

I have investigated this a bit further. I see the wifi icon
disappearing on the sqeezemote as well as on another remote application
called "Touchpad Elite". However, I have no problems running the safari
browser on the iphone for hours and hours. It never looses connection
and the wifi icon remains there at least for the 3 hours I have tried
to stress test it.

I have tested on two different access points, one from linksys and
another from d-link. The behavior is identical - safari works perfect,
but the custom installed applications are victim to drop out of the
wifi icon.

Could it be that there is some system call that the custom build
applications will have to do to prevent this?

BR,
Anders

--
nanckekr