danco;409919 Wrote:
> Just wondering what the timescale for using iPeng for playing music
> looks like. A while ago I think you mentioned April

Oh yes, won't happen. That was when I supposed 1.1 would be ready for
January :-)

Prio 1 is nor wo fix usability of the NowPlaying screen, this is a UI
effort so it will take time for testing and trying things out.
Realistically two months which will put us at the end of May for 1.2

Playback is a development effort. iPhone does not support audio
streaming so you have to do that yourself and integrate it with the
local playback. iPhone 3.0 offers some promising new things, fist of
all video (not audio) streaming, now you can actually use the video
facility for audio, too, so that could be an option. Will evaluate, but
I think it's a good guess that the introduction of iPhone 3.0 would be a
possible timeframe.
iPhone 3.0 also offers to be able to sell add-ons which would help me
out with another issue: some of the streams used require proprietary
codecs which I might or might not get for free. Paying for rollout of
those to existing customers is something I probably can not handle (and
don't want to: investing a lot of work to add features for people who
did already purchase a product is one thing, me _paying_ for them to
get additional features is something else) so the ability to add those
codecs as an option adds to the chances...

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com