Folsom;410584 Wrote:
> I wonder how hard it would be to run both squeezecenter and softsqueeze
> for car use.  The system would have a powered usb hub with a usb sound
> card and hard drive, and controlled by a ipod touch.  Wifi would either
> be usb or a powered router.  The HW side is easy, the schematic shows
> where 5V comes from the AC, and there are good 12V-5V switchers from TI
> to power all the units.

Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

That idea would work, be seems a bit over done to me. All one needs is
a laptop and SB3, inverter, and an In-Dash Head Unit that takes a
pre-amp or Aux In. Or try the other solution I am using in our
Thunderbird, which is a Mac Mini with a Duet.

Don't need the sound card, softsqueeze, or all the other hardware
parts. Of course most of this depends on what ones starting point is
and if one has a Head Unit what can accept a line level input.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's,
Vandersteen Quatro, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: SB3, GFR-700HD, Thiel 2.3, Second Boom
Home Office: SB3, NAD C370, two VSM-1
Home Gym: SB3, Parasound Vamp v.3, Thiel PowerPoint 1.2
House Portable: SB3, Audioengine A5
Thunderbird: Duet, Mac Mini
Expedition: SB3, ToughBook