Unless you already have an amp & speakers ready to go, you may want to
consider looking at the Boom.  For the price of a Classic, you end up
with a complete system that will most likely sound as well as the
Classic plus any stereo setup less than $250-300.

If you have any type of stereo setup you should be able to connect the
Classic.  I went the Receiver route due to price & size and have them
connected to two component setups, two bookshelf systems and a
Cambridge Soundworks CD/Radio. Had to use a different cable for the
last set up, fortunately I had an RCA to 3.5 mini plug cable on hand.

Either way the Classic and the Boom are great choices and in many cases
easier to setup than the Duet combo (controller & receiver)

Cheers,
Jeff

--
JeffHart