audio53;415443 Wrote:
> Is anybody using a netbook to control their SB3? I am currently using a
> SB Controller to control my SB3, but I think having the larger screen
> of a netbook at my listening chair running SC would be nice.

I do sometimes, using my baby Acer Aspire One running Debian...

> My SB3 is currently hardwired via CAT5 to a desktop PC running SC. This
> PC has a second drive that contains my music library. Could I take a
> netbook that is wirelessly connected to my network, run SC on it and
> access the drive on the desktop PC? How would I point SC on the netbook
> to a drive on the desktop PC? Is this the right approach?

You don't need to install SC on the netbook, and probably don't want
to.

Just start your web browser and go to http://192.168.1.2:9000/  ...
where 192.168.1.2 is replaced by the IP number of your server.

Depending on your networking, you may even be able to get away with
putting the 'server name' there.

I have found the 'default' skin is a bit constrained strained on the
small display, and usually use fishbone (add 'fishbone' to the end of
the url above) which deals a bit better with small screens.  'classic'
may work for you, too.

--
snarlydwarf