MrC - don't worry about it! I know a bit about storage due to my job,
but am in no way an engineer and am always challenged by F/S issues and
networking. As I said, your post was helpful.

What I meant by block level is that although SANmelody runs on Windows,
it does not put any kind of signature on the disk. It is served as raw
blocks. Therefore, it can create and serve disks to any operating
system (well, any that has either a Fibre Channel or an iSCSI driver
written for it) including Windows, Linux, various flavors of Unix,
Novell, Mac, and even VMware. Each of those can use virtual disks as if
you actually plugged a physical drive into it.

--
ob_kook