tfish77;421467 Wrote:
> Thanks for replying, Ben.  The issue there is that the web interface
> launches SoftSqueeze, which is a little too confusing for her - I don't
> mean to say that she's dumb, far from it, but it's more that unless
> you're already pretty familiar with how the hardware SB works (which she
> isn't - I am definitely the primary user), the software version is not
> very intuitive.
>
> I guess "intuitive" is a key word here.
>
> Thanks!
You might want to look at Squeezeslave which can be set up on a Mac
such that it starts automatically when you log in and runs as a headless
- basically invisible - player.  This means that you use the web
interface and, once having selected squeezeslave as the player, there is
no need to operate a separate player interface - you just select the
tunes, playlists, albums, etc that you want to play, as if you were
sending to a physical player, and off it goes.  So it is like what you
have seen with SoftSqueeze but without a visible (and actually
unnecessary) 'player' emulation.  There are pretty good installation
instructions at
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SqueezeSlave#Mac_OS_X_installation.

Of course this assumes that the SC web interface is acceptable as the
way of driving the whole thing

davep

--
davep