I bought all my squeezeboxen shortly after they were released. I've had
some problems with the original squeezebox (not Classic) but not with
other models.

2 SLIMP3s - no problems since original purchase
3 Squeezebox 1s - 1 VFD display died about 1.5 years after purchase,
replacement part purchased. 1 unknown problem on the main circuit board
about 2 years after purchase (different unit). This one got put back in
the box for spare parts and replaced with a SB3.
1 Squeezebox 3 - no problems since original purchase

Hope this helps - despite those problems I will continue to buy more
as
required :)

--
jth