I'm coming around to being perfectly happy with the way the SB3 handles
WoL. Gorman: what you desribe is exactly the same as I experience - I
think - perhaps I didn't make it clear.

It means I can be selective in the way I use my hi-fi and perhaps
alternate between SN and SC without any unecessary use of the NAS; the
NAS can be off and saving power for much longer with this way of
working.

I've now programmed my Philips Pronto to 'push' the correct SB3 buttons
as and when required - now all I have to do is wait (im)patiently for
the NAS to start SC (60 S. There might be ways of improving this
operation as well if I give it a little more thought.

Looks like the Duet could do with a bug fix though - but I haven't got
one of those.

--
Cape11