newy;435847 Wrote:
> Could any of these settings be the source of my problems?
>
> Oh yeah, and what is "S3"?  Are there different forms of sleep?
Yes, there are different forms of sleep. S3 is "suspend to RAM."
Another common one is S4, also known as "hibernate", in which the
session contents are written to disk. See this link for some basic info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Configuration_and_Power_Interface

In my experience the main factors have been (a) SBC firmware and (b)
where the SBC's menu is when the computer suspends. But as James
indicates, it's something they're still trying to reproduce reliably.

--
aubuti