gbruzzo;436630 Wrote:
> you could maybe thread a middle ground, that is leave DHCP on but
> reserve certain addresses (via your Router's network page) to the MACs
> of your SB devices. I do this on my DG834N (btw: what a piece of .... of
> a router - it went berserk once I upgraded its firmware to
> 1.02.08/1.02.15 from 1.01.06, fortunately it could be reversed), and it
> works quite well.

This is known as "Static DHCP", and I can confirm that it works quite
well in this situation.
I'm doing this with a Linksys WRT54GL, and Sveasoft firmware, but I
understand that Tomato (which works on a lot of router models) does it
as well - other routers and/or replacement firmwares may also have this
option.

--
rfreedman