Update:

After 5 days of extensive using I can pretty much relate my 3 issues to
a faulty Linksys Router/switch/AP (Logitceh Quality Control not to be
blamed.....this time :)).  My new Gateway is a Linksys WAG54G2.  Even
the intermittent Album artwork not being updated is now fine....Strange?
but I am not complaining!!  So a dying router at the same time I
performed a Logitech update that fixed network issues.

On the network side I did not go static IP with my devices and remotes,
still DHCP.  I Will wait an see if it is stable the way it is now, if
not will change

A quick note on the performance. It is now fast!! darn fast.  By this I
mean the controller.  I am now browsing through my 1000 FLAC albums and
the artwork will follow when I am scrolling rapidly.  Only sometimes I
gat a fraction of a second delay for the artwork to appear.  This was
never achieved before.  So I am not sure what caused this increase.  I
saw a small difference when I went from Windows to Ubunto, but now is it
my new switch or 7.3.3?

--
Jac