Veggen;438284 Wrote:
> Shit...
> I'll have to open mine and check the length right now.
> Does the hardness of the steel matter, mine are 8.8 I think.
> Hope the fidelity is'nt lost forever.
> Tell me there is still hope, please...

Hey maybe somebody in Admin could start a Transporter Section and move
the whole thread over there?

Well if you have already taken the top off, you already let all the
smoke out so what does it matter now?! Also removing the handles
drastically affects the electro magnetic fields of the transformers and
especially so in the ModWright with its toroidal transformer!

.

.

.

Oh, just realized and forgot this wasn't the Audiophile Forum. I am
obviously just joking. But seriously, I don't believe Logitech is going
to void your warranty for removing the handles as I believe the top has
to come off to install the rack mount kit. Safe bet is to email or call
support or if one is really paranoid wait 3 years until the warranty is
up.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope
2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: SB3, GFR-700HD, Thiel 2.3, Second Boom
Home Office: SB3, NAD C370, two VSM-1
Home Gym: SB3, Parasound Vamp v.3, Thiel PowerPoint 1.2
House Portable: SB3, Audioengine A5
Ford Thunderbird: Duet, Mac Mini
Ford Expedition: SB3, ToughBook