chp;438750 Wrote:
> *Laz*, the new release will work with iTunes, just make sure to drop
> everything in the bin/ folder into the iTunes directory. Do note that if
> your music is not 44.1kHz stereo, there will be issues.

Hi chp,

Thanks for the update and my apologies for the delay in my reply - I
suspect I'm on the opposite side of the world to you.

Things are looking better now but not quite there. I now get the blue
icon for about half a second before it vanishes again (faster than I get
my mouse down for a hover over).

I suspect my problem is that my copy of iTunes takes a very long time
to fire up - of the order 3 to 10 seconds (I keep my library files on a
network drive and thanks to Apples monolithic approach, I'm loading
about 20 MB across the network). Is there any chance you can make the
delay a configuration variable in the ini file so that I can experiment
with this a bit further.

The other possibility is that I'm not set up for 44.1kHz output - am I
correct in assuming that I need to do this in the Quicktime Control
panel? I currently have all of my sound devices set to 44.1kHz 16 bit
stereo.

I also have a quick suggestion for an interface option in the future. I
really like the ability to mute the local output - it would be even more
awesome if you could add a click on the icon option to select between
three options of: Play local (pass through?), Stream, Play local and
Stream.

Finally, I presume you aware that this code is likely to give Apple
corporate types heartburn - they do so like their Bonjour solution with
tie in to iTunes and Airport Express.

Thanks again for the good work.

Laz

--