Thanks.
I had reset the sb1 more than once and tried everything I coudl think
of to minimise the chance of the server not delivering in time. Some
things seemed to help a bit, nut not completely. I even tried jumbo
frames - but have a draytek router that I think didn't like them. Just
to cap the whole problem neatly - the server PSU died last night so I
may have had other intermittent hardware problems. Hopefully I am about
to enter an 'oasis of calm' now with squeezecentre and whs!

I have also discovered that the SB1 would be happy mostly with mp3s on
the server but the flacs (transcoded) caused most problems. I have
sorted it by making the celebrated sideways step of buying a SB classic
with an amazon voucher present! Also waiting for a new PSU for the
server. I'll put the SB1 on ebay I think as most of my music is flacs
and it was a pain not being able to rely on the music from the sb1.

Cheers

Coppo

--
coppo23