CliffC;441516 Wrote:
> I use the sleep function every night on my Boom, set to 90 minutes.
> Which means 6 clicks of the sleep button on the remote every night. I
> suspect I'm going to wear the button out at some point. I'd love a
> one-touch way of setting sleep to 90 minutes. Doing it from SC wouldn't
> be a problem if it would be possible. Ideally, I'd like to be able to
> attach that to a preset button so the preset chose the playlist and the
> sleep setting both. Just wishful thinking on that one I suspect.

Cliff, you should be able to do that with my KidsPlay plugin. You'll
need to work out the CLI commands needed (something like "power 1; stop;
playlist clear; mixer volume 30; playlist play PlayListNameGoesHere;
sleep 5400;"), but this should be simple. Set KidsPlay for the Boom to
"KidsPlay routine or normal action" for the Boom, set up a KidsPlay
routine for whichever button you want to dedicate, and you're done; a
simple tap of that button will start your chosen playlist and sleep
timer. If you want, you can add other CLI commands to do things like set
the shuffle setting if you want the playlist not to always go in the
same order.

MikeekiM, I don't know how old your kids are, but two tips: one , check
out my SleepFade plugin, which lets you have the Squeezebox volume
decrease more gradually (normal behavior is full volume up to T minus
one minute). I haven't tested rigorously, but I suspect that a more
gradual fade is more likely to help keep my toddler asleep. Two, Rain
Outside is very close to plain old "pink noise". Before a recent trip, I
grabbed a pink noise MP3 off the net so that I could use it w/ my
netbook if needed. I've started using that instead of Rain Outside so
I'm not dependent on SqueezeNetwork.

-Peter

--
peterw

http://www.tux.org/~peterw/
free plugins: http://www.tux.org/~peterw/#slim
AllQuiet BlankSaver ContextMenu FuzzyTime KidsPlay
KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket SaverSwitcher
SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock