agbagb;442817 Wrote:
> And I did - but running Perl scrips is a step beyond my comfort /
> disposable time zone....  Is there anything out there with a decent GUI
> that will do much the same?
It's actually easier than it looks, but then everyone defines his/her
own comfort zone. The batch converter tool in dBpoweramp is excellent,
as is the entire dBpoweramp ripping/tagging/encoding package. It would
be great for your converting the FLACs you have at present, but I
honestly don't know if dBpoweramp will easily do the nice incremental
additions that flac2mp3.pl, ie, only transcoding new additions to your
FLAC library. Other dBpoweramp aficianados in the forum may be able to
advise on this aspect.

dBpoweramp is not free, but I think it's well worth the $36,
particularly for its ripping and tagging facility. There is a 30 day
free trial so you can check it out (and transcode your current library)
before making a commitment. See www.dbpoweramp.com

--
aubuti