ralphy;443860 Wrote:
> Yes, it would be bit perfect but only for 16/44.1 as that's all
> squeezeslave currently supports.  Would you be interested in such a
> version?
>
> Squeezeplay uses the same portaudio library however it's an old version
> that doesn't support the asio hostapi.  It could be updated to a current
> snapshot and then be built with the asio sdk 2.2. You would need to
> download the sdk from the Steinberg site and change the makefile for
> libportaudio to create an asio version of the library.  It would be
> quite simple except for the fact that I can't distribute binaries of
> squeezeplay in accordance with the licensing restrictions logitech has
> imposed.

Yes, basically a audiophile version of SqueezePlay that supports bit
perfect playing of 24/44.1, 24/28, 24/88.2, 24/96, 24/176.4 and 24/192
bypassing the evil kmixer.

I recently gave up my Transporter and has ordered a Weiss DAC
connecting a laptop and Squeezebox to the DAC.  And it would be nice if
both the PC and the Squeezebox can use the same Squeeze interfaces.

--
agentsmith

System 1: Transporter+Hi-Line RCA-DIN, Naim
202/200/Hicap+Powerline/NAPSC, Naim NAT03 tuner, CD5X, Harbeth Monitor
30
System 2: SB2 or Airport Express connected via TOSLINK to a Meridian
F80
Headphone: Naim Headline+NAPSC and ancient Senn HD580