pippin;443960 Wrote:
> Oh, I can EASILY hear the difference.
> With downsampling for more than one targets my server bails out so I
> get dropouts every few seconds when playing that stuff synced on more
> than one player (except the Transporter, of course).
>
> Sometimes number are important for other reasons than the most obvious
> ones...

Wait, are you suggesting that there will be problems with having
multiple units all playing the same song?  Or with multiple units
playing different songs?  These are both critically important roles to
me.

And I would like to further ask the community - when playing a single
song to multiple receiving units (SB3, SBR, etc) is there any perceived
delay or out-of-syncness problem as you move from room to room?

A subsequent post indicates that the dropout issue is somewhat
dependent on the processing power of the computer running squeezecenter.
Does this imply that it in fact does the decoding/downsampling upstream
of the wifi.  Is this accurate?

I had hoped that it would sort of just work with an "NFS" sort of
mentality, just sharing the digital files in their entirety via wifi and
letting the device (SB3,SBR,etc) handle the format conversion to audio
(hence, why they would list the "compatible" formats for each device).

Sorry for the noob questions, but I am just considering investing in a
bunch of this stuff.  Need to decide if I should wait for new hardware.
But most of my concerns really seem to be basic and I would expect much
more stink on the forums if they were valid.

Confused!

--
drizzo4shizzo