Hrm, in theory you should be able to maintain a radio stream on that
slow of a connection.  However there are a lot of factors upstream at
the ISP they're connected to that are involved.  There could be line
problems with the DSL equipment.

Here's a true story.  A friend of mine bought a coffee shop.  After a
while, he realized that the internet access on their DSL line was
absurdly slow.  I offered to help debug it for him since the ISP wasn't
being helpful.  I followed the wiring all over the building trying to
figure out what was connected where.  As I was tracing the phone line
source for the DSL I discovered the previous owner had installed DSL
line filters on the phone lines, including the DSL line.  I looked at
the signal levels being received and was supprised they had working DSL
at all.  After removing the filter and re-wiring the network things were
great.

--
SuperQ