snoogly;444952 Wrote:
> * Do you use SqueezeCenter?
> * If so, which version on which OS?
> 7.3.3 Mac 10.5.6
>
> * Do both players work well with a local SqueezeCenter, assuming you
> use one?
> Yes
>
> * Do both players have plenty of wireless signal strength, if you use
> wireless?
> Yes
>
> * Are the network configurations for both players identical?
> Not sure how to check this
>
> * If you reboot the problem Squeezebox and select SqueezeNetwork as the
> music source as part of the setup, does it still give a problem, or only
> when you attempt switch over from SqueezeCenter to SqueezeNetwork?
> Still gives a problem
>
> There is a DNS bug in the latest released 7.3.3 SqueezeCenter that
> could *potentially* cause this issue (but odd if it only does for one
> player and not the other).
>
> If this sounds like it might be relevant try a recent 7.3.4 nightly,
> e.g., from here: http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.3
>
> Tried it. No joy.

Could you look on the SqueezeCenter information page (right-most tab on
the page that pops up, after selecting "Settings"). Can you check that
both players are reported as present there and have identical firmware
version numbers (version 127) and have been allocated distinct IP
addresses in the same subnet?  You should see something like this:

> Player Model: squeezebox3
> Firmware: 127
> Player IP Address: 192.168.1.18
>
> Player Model: squeezebox3
> Firmware: 127
> Player IP Address: 192.168.1.22

Could you also swap the locations of the two players and report if the
problem stays with the same player or is somehow location specific?

I know this may seem tedious but, it may help diagnose the problem.

Regards,

--
dsdreamer