Robin Bowes;446237 Wrote:
> On 04/08/09 20:34, daviseh wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Robin. I changed interface from 0 to 1 and I was able to use
> > iPeng to connect to Squeezenetwork.
> >
> > When I log into squeezenetwork the player is there. However,
> > squeezecenter does not find the player and I can not connect to
> > squeezecneter from iPeng. So I guess I still have some settings
> wrong.
>
> This is the example I give on the wiki [1] for a wired, static
> connection:
>
> discover
> conf 1
> set interface=1 lan_ip_mode=0 lan_gateway=192.168.3.1
> lan_network_address=192.168.3.10 lan_subnet_mask=255.255.255.0
> primary_dns=192.168.3.1 squeezecenter_address=192.168.1.150
> save_data
> reset
>
> If this doesn't work [2], then you have some other network issue -
> firewall on the squeezecenter server, perhaps?
>
> R.
>
> [1] https://projects.robinbowes.com/Net-UDAP/trac/wiki/SampleUsage
>
> [2] change the IP values to match your own network

THanks Robin - One last question. I am not sure about the
lan_network_address. If the address of the NIC card in my desktop is
192.168.0.100 per ipconfig and squeezecenter settings gives me that
address as the server where do you find the lan_network_address. I
assumed that was the static address I am assigning to the SBR.

I turned off the firewall but I keep losing the SBR. Squeezecenter
finds it but ipeng and squeemote do not. Also, I can't switch to
squeezenetwork and get a pin. I have gone from DHCP to static and back
numerous times but can't seem to get it right.

I have read and re-read these threads but am clueless!

--
daviseh