Bert, if I understand correctly, you are trying to use rsync/DeltaCopy
for copying between two Windows machines?

I must admit that I have no experience yet using Win7 in this setup,
and for syncing between Windows machines there might be better
solutions.

Rsync is a well-known protocol in the Unix/Linux world, so using
DeltaCopy as a rsync -client- on Windows to copy to/from a -Linux
server- made much sense to me — and it's actually quite fast here, even
on an old 900 MHz P3 Linux server.

Rsync actually -does- checksum the files and only transmit the
differences — so if you update only a tag, only the -changes in the
file(s)- are transmitted. Unfortunately, on Windows with DeltaCopy, this
process seems to eat a lot of CPU resources — it's much faster on Linux
machines.

I assume that if you are running both a rsync server and a client on
Windows, this might account for the bad timings you gave.

Can anyone else give us some more info on using DeltaCopy's server
module under Windows?

I'm sure it can be made working, but it might be overkill for a
Windows/Windows copy, and use too many resources.

(I prefer using SqueezeBox Server on a Linux box, so I can mainly talk
about syncing between a Windows a client and the Linux server. I reused
an old 900 MHz Pentium 3 system as a music server, 768 MB RAM, 40 GB + 1
TB internal discs, Fedora 11 (command-line only) and "VortexBox" 0.8
software installed.)

--
Moonbase

Moonbase: 'The Problem Solver' (http://www.kaufen-ist-toll.de/moonbase)