One thing to consider about any backup program is that when you host the
source and backup on the same machine when the backup runs the computer
has to examine both the source and destination files for changes, which
will eat a lot of CPU and I/O time.

Using DeltaCopy in a client/server configuration with another computer
will yield better results, as each machine can examine the files they
host and compare the results.  Parallel processing at it's finest.

I use DeltaCopy to backup files on my XP box to my Solaris box, and the
Solaris box uses rsync to mirror that to the Slug at my parent's house
and all via ssh.  Works quite well.

--
4mula1

SqueezeCenter 7.3.3 + Solaris 10 x86: Because everything else would've
been easy!
'4mula1 on Last.fm' (http://www.last.fm/user/4mula1)