jaysung;246287 Wrote:
> Anyone tried the Eva 8000 of Netgear? From what I read it has good
> interfaces and plays videos and stuff just using smb/cifs indexing the
> library itself. That looks like a good solution if you already have a
> server box sitting somewhere remote.

Yeah, I have one of these. I bought it specifically for video playback
(.avi mostly in my case ;-))

It handles loads of video codecs and also audio and photos. I picked up
a Euro version very cheaply (€140) at www.pixmania.com.

I'm very happy with it, it does what it's supposed to do and co-exists
very happily with my (mainly) Linux setup...

--
MikeWynneDub

Ubuntu 8.10 > SC 7.3.2 > SB3 (Classic) > Cambridge Audio DacMagic >
PrimaLuna DiaLogue Two > Mission Elegante E83