Robin Bowes wrote:

Jack Coates said the following on 05/09/2005 23:22:

robinbowes wrote:

This is of no help at all to the OP, but this thread has given me the
impetus to get slimserver working with djb's daemontools
(http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html).
... only thing I use out of daemontools is setuidgid

Why's that? supervise, svc, multilog, all really useful tools.

They've alway struck me as an attempt to reimplement SysV init scripts for distros that don't do SysV. I haven't missed their functionality.

> which is really

handy (though I should probably just be using a chroot jail wherever I'm using it :))

Anyway, my solution for this was to add a Nagios event_handler. I already have Nagios running on the same box as Slimserver, so I just had to edit two files.

I've not seen Nagios before, but it's not really the same sort of thing as daemontools.

Looks quite neat, though.

R.

Nagios is up there with Slimserver in coolness. Nagios can be tough to configure, but it's amazingly flexible and really quite smart. A glowing example of open source software that beats the pants off of commercial alternatives.

--
Jack at Monkeynoodle dot Org : It's a Scientific Venture!
"I spent all me tin with the ladies drinking gin, so across the Western ocean I must wander." -- All for Me Grog, traditional