It is not the SB3's fault that you are in a *transition*. It is like
blaming your Blueray player for the fact that you have to find a way to
do something about that VCR collection you have.

For new music, I have a choice - buy the CD and rip it losslessly, or
buy it as a compromised MP3 source. In my case, the convenience of the
online download wins out every time these days. It is again not the SB3s
fault, it is the way I chose to consume music given new technology
available.

If I had friends I'd tell them to take their time in ripping their
music and enjoy the process, since -while inconvenient, is part of the
ritual. Or put all their CDs in a big box and send them off to a ripping
service, since that'll make them think about the music they really
listen to.

The system itself? Lots of choice, but I think Logitech offers a great
variety and a great product. Especially now with the Touch, when things
can be very self-contained. The SC software is great for me. For most
people, a drive off the SBT is all they need. And I may transition to
that eventually.

--
pablolie

...pablo
Server: 3.3 GHz Intel E8600 Core 2 Duo (8GB) - Vista Ultimate 64 and
Ubuntu 9.04 64
Sources: SB3 (3), SB Boom (3), Duet, Accuphase DP65v CD
Amplifier: Accuphase E306v
Loudspeakers: Ceeroy 3-way tower (tuned)
Headphones: Grado SR-1