mherger;457155 Wrote:
> > collect than is musicip, and musicip is effectively dead as an
> > organization. yes, musicip is dead. nobody maintains the musicmagic
> > plugin anymore.
>
> While I do agree that musicip as a company seems to have gone, the
> plugin
> isn't dead at all. We've introduced a new improved scanning mode in
> 7.3,
> fixed long-standing issues in 7.4.
>
> What development would you like to see in the musicip plugin?

unfortunately, the last version of mip mixer for mac is unstable and
doesnt deal well with large libraries. therefore, i am forced to run mip
mixer in a windows VM, if at all. As of 7.3 (i havent braved 7.4 yet,
but will soon) the following bugs/enhancements exist:

1 - bug, easy fix: in Common.pm:convertPath:
if ($os eq 'unix') {
should read
if ($os eq 'unix' || $os eq 'mac') {

2 - enhancement: MSHOST cannot be set in configuration dialog.. all the
support exists in the code, but no way to configure it.

3 - enhancement: need more control over the path conversion. trusting
the full path coming from the server and using convertPath assumes they
have the same root.. somehow that works out here with one directory
level repeating twice after conversion.

getting that all working without the hacks i have would be a nice
start.

--
chroma