mherger;457170 Wrote:

> > 2 - enhancement: MSHOST cannot be set in configuration dialog.. all
> the
> > support exists in the code, but no way to configure it.
>
> I know there's _some_ code. But it best should be removed as I'm not
> sure
> whether it has ever been working correctly. But it surely has not been
>
> tested in years. In fact if you're using this, then you're the first
> I've
> ever heard of...
Got it working on my ReadyNAS with MusicIP running on my Mac some times
ago :
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=413044&postcount=7

I think I first had problems with pathnames not being exactly the sames
on both machines, but it was a non issue since it was easy to get the
Mac mounting the ReadyNAS' media share over a /c/media directory and
directing MusicIP to it.

I gave up because it slowed down my nightly full scan too much, but it
was indeed working...

--
sebp

System : Mac Mini for ripping to FLAC (XLD) > SqueezeCenter 7.3 running
on a ReadyNAS NV+
Living room : Transporter > NuForce IA-7 v2 > KEF iQ9
Bedroom : Squeezebox 3 > Beresford DAC > NAD C315BEE > KEF iQ3
Kitchen : SB Receiver > Trends Audio TA10.1 > Celestion F10
Bathroom : SB Boom
'Last.fm' (http://www.last.fm/user/sebp)