Caad;465373 Wrote:
> Hi.
> After updating to SC 7.4 and firmware 130, the display turns black
> after connecting SB3 to Squeezecenter.

I've had a similar problem/s here and trust this is the appropriate
thread.

Upgraded to V7.4 of Squeezebox Server
Update of the SB3 appeared to go fine.

However I seemed to experience multiple issues:

The SB3 screen was blank at most times apart from when it was updating
and a couple of times when it was finding the Squeezebox Server. From
the server UI, it appeared that the SB3 was indeed recognised but the
SB3 screen was blank and I found no way to remedy that.

Reading through a number of threads here gave me the idea that the
remote was somehow playing up as well.
On investigating the server web UI, it would not load the 'Remote'
page.

To cut a long story short, there seemed to be a number of issues and I
suspect the migration to V7.4 didn't go too well. I followed the Wiki
article advice on doing a clean install of V7.4 and this seems to have
fixed the issues, though I need to re-do all the preferences, of course
and I've yet to play any music .. so, we'll see.

I'm hoping this update will also fix the old issue I had.
That is . . when the computer running Squeezebox Server goes to sleep,
the SB3 will finish the current track playing and then just stop.
Perhaps that's another issue and another thread.

Here's the config:

Squeezebox Server: Version: 7.4.0 - r28672 @ Mon Sep 28 17:49:57 PDT
2009

Player Model: squeezebox3
Firmware: 130

Operating system: Mac OS X 10.4.11 (8S2167) - EN - utf8
Platform Architecture: x86
Perl Version: 5.8.6 - darwin-thread-multi-2level
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-standard
Total Players Recognized: 1

--
Guidant